[REVIEW-3-5] respect absolute paths for mozilla profiles, fdo#45171, lp#919659

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu May 3 14:19:55 PDT 2012

Hey,

[1] fixes a nasty problem that if you use absolute paths for the
mozilla profile in profiles.ini loading/saving password protected
files fails. The problem has been that in the MINIMAL_PROFILEDISCOVER
case we just ignored the IsRelative attribute and always assumed that
the path is relative. The attached patch handles this now correctly
and uses the path as is if the IsRelative flag is zero.

There is one more serious problem that is also mentioned in the linked
lauchpad bug report. If the .mozilla profile is missing loading/saving
files seem to fail in this case too but I was unable to debug this
because libcomphelpgcc3.sois always build without symbols. If someone
could fix this I might be able to fix the second bug too.

I think that we should include this bug in 3-5 because it affects all
distros and our windows builds.

Regards,
Markus

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fff2d18a08a37c0fa6a370e56591117fc08664d2