help with windows tinbuild and symlinks

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:49:26 PDT 2012

On 3 May 2012 16:28, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:
> Why are we playing substring games instead of using the cygpath utility to
> convert between cygwin-unix-style-paths and windows-paths ?
>
> Is it a speed issue?

Hmm, I think it is better because of speed, though I did not run a
single test for it.
And also it is more general because you can then convert things like
-I/path for example.

Anyway, I really think we can get rid of the ~whole converting stuff
on cygwin because make 3.82 can operate in mixed paths mode.
So, I suggest to consider removing evil in gbuild/BuildDirs.mk and
solenv/bin/build.pl.
Patch attached. It is not-tested new version of an old little-tested patch.

If there is somebody who uses make 3.81 on _cygwin_ it should not be a
problem to upgrade ?

HTH,
Matúš