On SSL library support

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri May 4 01:40:02 PDT 2012

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 17:30 -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> Due to a license conflict with a project I was working on, I had the
> task of building LibreOffice without OpenSSL support.

	Wow - cool :-)

> Is there any interest in adding this type of multiple/fallback SSL
> library support to LibreOffice?

	Yes very much so ! I'd love to rip openssl completely out of our
packages if possible, it's just silly to have redundant, duplicate
security critical libraries :-)

	Do you have a patch to read ? (that's always good), and can we have a
blanket MPL/LGPLv3+ license statement for all your contributions
as/when/if you send it.

	Great to hear from you ! :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.