On SSL library support

Enrico Weigelt enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz
Fri May 4 02:57:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

> Due to a license conflict with a project I was working on, I had the
> task of building LibreOffice without OpenSSL support.

which kind of conflict exactly ?

> I realize that a more appropriate solution would be to conditionally
> compile the two code paths using WITH_OPENSSL and WITH_NSS after
> adding
> configure flags (--with-openssl and --with-nss) so that packagers can
> select the preferred SSL library.

Note that this adds another dimension to the variant space.
In this case the new dimension is binary, so the amounts of
variants to test is doubled.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Enrico Weigelt
VNC - Virtual Network Consult GmbH
Head Of Development

Äußere Bayreuther Str. 55, D - 90409 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 72303-30
Fax: +49 911 72303-50

enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz; www.vnc.de