fdo#34814 - Importing doc with fonts unavailable on the system

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri May 4 07:11:44 PDT 2012

 Hello,

 I've been looking at fdo#34814 and I know what the problem is, but I'm not
sure how that should be fixed.

 The problem is that the document imported uses Wingdings (2) as the fonts for
bullet points, but that's a Windows font that is not available on Linux. The
attached workaround somehow makes LO handle it correctly, by knowing that the
font is RTL_TEXTENCODING_SYMBOL and using the matching Linux font. And the
document includes this information, but the .docx importer does not seem to
do anything with font data in the document, and AFAICT there is no support
for handling unavailable fonts except for immediately trying to map them to
something that exists.

 Am I right about this? And is there some way how to make Writer know about
fonts that do not exist on the system but the document uses them? Sadly
the .docx importer is UNO-based, so I cannot easily handle the fonts in the
importer and call SetBulletFont().

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz