fdo#34814 - Importing doc with fonts unavailable on the system

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri May 4 08:57:12 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 16:21 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> IIRC what's supposed to happen (though maybe this never worked right,
> but there's enough of the right code there to try and make it work) is
> that if a symbol font is missing, and its one of the ones known to
> ConvertChar::GetRecodeData then vcl should map the glyphs to ones found
> in OpenSymbol

	Nah - when I worked on extending our opensymbol font it worked ;-)
perhaps you didn't notice my artistic skills there ...

> Maybe this got broken, or there's some small-ish reason why stuff isn't
> getting run through that converter ?

	Yep; the old 'build' repo had a test/draw/bullets.ppt and
bullet-chars.ppt that were useful once - but - IIRC the easiest way to
test / compare was to have a spreadsheet column full of:

	=CHAR(...)

	For both Excel and Calc - and compare the two visually to improve
compatibility.

	HTH,

		Michael.