Need help with debugging LO freeze

Daniel Naber misc2006 at danielnaber.de
Tue May 8 12:10:51 PDT 2012

On Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012, Michael Meeks wrote:

Hi Michael,

> 	Great analysis Daniel ! thanks for doing the hunting there, reading:
>
> void SvxLinguConfigUpdate::UpdateAll( sal_Bool bForceCheck )
>
> 	it -seems- that we don't do anything too staggeringly stupid that I
can
> easily see on the face of it; are you certain the time is taken there ?
> and/or how does stepping through it look ?

I'm quite sure, as I just print the milliseconds before and after certain
lines. This line often takes about 20ms on my computer, because its result
is not cached:

Sequence< OUString > aAvailSvcs(
             xLngSvcMgr->getAvailableServices( aService, aLocale));

As it is called about 200 times because of the many Locales that
Languagetool supports, I get a 4-second freeze.

> 	The poor-man's profiler is hitting ctrl-c in gdb ;-) if you do that in
> the big delay, where do you get back to ? I'm still rather suspicious of
> bootstrapping java but ... there is no shortage of accidental stupidity
> in the OO.o codebase ;-)

Maybe there simply never was a component which supports that many locales,
thus this was never an issue...

Regard
 Daniel

--