[GSOC] Template UI Dialog

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Wed May 9 00:51:17 PDT 2012

Hi Rafael,

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 16:50 -0430, Rafael Dominguez wrote:
> I talked with the design guys this saturday, and we should have a
> almost final design ready this weekend to work on. It will be with the
> most important and basic stuff needed to get work going.

Great! Any link to the work you did this Saturday? I couldn't find much
changes on the wiki Whiteboard.

> About the classes and stuff, yes ill be having classes and exams
> during the gsoc but only half day, so ill be working noon/night my
> time on the gsoc stuff.

Ok, I'll try to shift my working time a bit (at least a few days a
week), to work during your afternoon.

> I checked the CMIS code, but ill need some pointers on how to use
> that, im guessing i need to use that through uno stuff right??

There are two ways to use it ATM:
  * Directly link the libcmis library in your module and use it directly
(see example of use in cmis-client.cxx [0]
  * Opening a special URL with the LibreOffice UCB. See some sample URLs
in the units tests [1]. The LibreOffice fpicker can also help you to
understand how these are normally handled [2]

> This week, im gonna try doing basic stuff with the GUI to get more
> familiar with it and know exactly what i need todo when implementing
> the full dialog and already got libreoffice compiled without issues on
> latest master.

I see that you already have a git access: this is good. You can start by
creating a feature branch for your work and start your tests in it.
After that, I thing the best is to start creating a new dialog from
scratch and link it to a menu entry. Once that is set, you'll be able to
concentrate on the dialog itself.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/p/libcmis/code/ci/a53e29686b8d44ea67ad2b994b8f6b09cda32d23/tree/src/cmis-client.cxx
[1] http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/tools/qa/cppunit/test_urlobj.cxx#246
[2] http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/fpicker/source/office/iodlg.cxx#OpenURL_Impl