hidden visibility on mac (Re: [PUSHED][3-5] Re: [REVIEW 3-5] fdo#37044 crash on mac with transliteration)

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu May 10 04:56:42 PDT 2012

Interestingly enough, the reason why in my "10.4" Mac build tree
(using Xcode 3, and thus gcc 4.0.1 and the 10.4 SDK),
HAVE_VISIBILITY_FEATURE gets unset is that the "checking if STL
headers are visibility safe" test fails. The earlier "checking whether
ccache /Xcode3/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 supports
-fvisibility=hidden" test does succeed.

The latter test fails because of some weird error related to include
paths, config log says: error: string: No such file or directory.
(Note that for the actual LO compilation standard headers are found
without problem, it's just the way the compiler is run in this
configure test where it fails.) I guess that test needs to be tweaked
to be more reliable. Sigh, the pain of supporting an increasingly
obsolete tool-chain that isn't even installable on a current OS
without tricks any more.

--tml