[libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice developer digest

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri May 11 05:39:03 PDT 2012

Cor Nouws píše v Čt 10. 05. 2012 v 17:32 +0200:
> Hi Petr,
>
> Petr Mladek wrote (10-05-12 17:11)
>
> > Wonderful. Could you please cut&paste them? I wonder how they look like.
>
> thanks for your interest!
> Attached an ods with the rough data I have now.

The list of selected changes look reasonable to me. I just suggest two
things:

   + add name of the author
   + slightly reword each commit summary to get a consistent look and
     feel

I mean to get something like the GNOME digest, see
http://blogs.gnome.org/commitdigest/2012/03/11/issue-179/#more-624

> Thinking about a strategy to get that in WordPress quickly (without
> difficult mouse editing of links... Someone a hint?) :-\
> (will post part of it, will keep part for next blog)

When I announce builds for openSUSE, I cut&paste the previous
announcement. Most of the links are the same.

If you want to add links to bugzilla, I could create a simple script for
you. It will replace fdo#xxxxx with the needed tags for WordPress. I
guess that it uses html tags. Does it?

> > BTW: How did you collect them? The following ways come to my mind:
> >
> > 	+ git changelog:
>
> Yup, just this. I see it once or sometimes more each day. And picking
> out interesting stuff goes fast after some practising ;-)

Cool. Thanks a lot for working on it.

Best Regards,
Petr