[Libreoffice-commits] .: 2 commits - accessibility/CustomTarget_bridge_inc.mk configure.in extensions/CustomTarget_so_activex_idl.mk extensions/Library_so_activex.mk extensions/Library_so_activex_x64.mk extensions/WinResTarget_activex.mk filter/Configuration_filter.mk filter/CustomTarget_svg.mk i18npool/CustomTarget_breakiterator.mk i18npool/CustomTarget_collator.mk i18npool/CustomTarget_indexentry.mk i18npool/CustomTarget_localedata.mk i18npool/CustomTarget_textconversion.mk jvmfwk/CustomTarget_jreproperties.mk Makefile officecfg/CustomTarget_registry.mk packimages/CustomTarget_images.mk ridljar/CustomTarget_javamaker.mk sal/CustomTarget_generated.mk solenv/bin solenv/gbuild unoil/CustomTarget_climaker.mk unoil/CustomTarget_javamaker.mk writerfilter/CustomTarget_source.mk

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri May 11 08:46:16 PDT 2012

On Thursday 10 of May 2012, Noel Grandin wrote:
> OK, so we know
> (a) it's not a cygwin thing
> (b) its not a visual C thing, because we're both on the same version
> (c) it works on a Windows7 box, but not a WindowsServer2008 box.
>
> So it's probably a bug that was fixed sometime in the WindowsVista or
> Windows7 timeframe.

 Why are you so sure about any of these? Does somebody build with this long
parth successfully? E.g. your tinderbox does not.

> We could probably implement a configure check that looks like
>    if $OS == WINDOWS && $OS_VERSION < Vista && length($ROOT_PATH)>XXX
>       complain_loudly_and_exit()
>
> where we know XXX is less than 36 and more than 2, because
> "C:/cygwin/home/tinderbox/libreoffice" causes it to break and "W:" does
> not.
>
> Would you be able to figure out what the point is where it starts to break?

 Changing the path to c:/cygwin/home/tinderbox/master avoids the problem, but
I don't think we can really protect against this. Somebody alters some -I
options a bit and the limit changes again.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz