[PUSHED] fdo#46223: Fix Presenter Console help screen layout

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 08:48:12 PDT 2012

Hi Gabor,

2012/5/11 Gábor Stefanik <netrolller.3d at gmail.com>:
> The code for laying out the Presenter Console help screen has a number
> of errors:
> 1. It starts with an initial guess for the font size, then attempts to
> reduce that size until a suitable value is found. This fails when the
> initial guess is already too small.
> 2. It fails to take the space taken up by the Close button into
> account. As a result, help text may overlap the Close button.
> 3. Long lines are only wrapped next to commas, and never at spaces.
> This can cause text to get clipped horizontally, instead of being
> correctly wrapped.
>
> This patch fixes these issues.
> Wrapping still prefers commas to spaces, but if a sequence containing
> no commas cannot fit on a single line, it resorts to space-based
> wrapping. This way, clipping can only occur if a single long word
> cannot fit on a line - hardly a plausible scenario.

Good job, you fixed the bug for most of the languages. FYI, some
languages (scripts) neither use spaces to separate words, nor use
"normal" commas, so there might be some corner cases that are not
covered by your patch. I would say there is no need to overengineer
layouting of this window, affected languages can find out something,
e.g. put spaces manually into the translated string where they want
the line to break.

Pushed to master and libreoffice-3-5.

Best regards,
Andras