cygwin problem in building in deep directories

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon May 14 06:33:40 PDT 2012

On Monday 14 of May 2012, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 14 May 2012 13:46, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:
> > After that, I start getting errors in SW and SC that look like (see
> > below). The weird thing is that if I cut and paste the command line into
> > a separate script and execute, it runs fine.
>
> This is exactly what Lubos was experiencing and he chose to use shorter
> paths.
>
> > Not sure how to debug this further?
>
> Me neither, it may also be bug in make or whatever.

 It shouldn't be make, when I built a small testapp that just printed out its
argv[], everything looked ok to me. To me it looks like the limit is there
either when converting args between cygwin and pure-MS apps (or whatever it
is that happens at that point), or in MSVC.

 Still, not much we can do about it, I think.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz