[PUSHED:3-5] ChangeId support for commit-msg hooks

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue May 15 04:27:06 PDT 2012

Norbert Thiebaud píše v Po 14. 05. 2012 v 02:39 -0500:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at suse.cz> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 02:21:14AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The 2 following patch add the support for ChangeId and tweak it to
> >> tolerate git-am -s (issue with extraneous empty line)
> >>
> >> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=18118cd9c581659fa6f9aef1e1729e87c9fd1bba
> >> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=298fbdc42af781cdd47d2cbedd945ec8c4a564bc
> >>
> >> It might prove convenient to have them back-ported to 3-5.
> >> This does not impact the code in any way, so there is no risk of
> >> regression due to these patches.
> >
> > One issue me and Tor noticed: if you already have a change-id, and amend
> > the commit, multiple "I " gets added. See commit
> > 5a5d80ce5483696e0b05c31a0c4134c8ae4b82eb for example. I think it would
> > be nice to fix that before the hook hits -3-5.
>
> Fixed in master with
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=73c40f95742b6b4854cae177a711098dc106c35d
>
> to be cherry picked too

Miklos was happy with it, so I have pushed it into the 3-5 branch. It
needed one older fix, so I pushed all 5 older fixes in the hook. It is
in sync with master now. The 3-5 commits are:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=4efc0b81cba20de5b4420c0dcebdbb85b98e3686
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=1e262c9ffd3d3ff83b0d94f048f6b4653899340c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=e9f8b89ea8781f115c8782296d61f833fc1c8f7b
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=dbae2cbc29f960916469f33a9dd153157a42c64a