Android port problems

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu May 17 05:56:57 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:37:48PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Tor,
>
> 	Thanks for the nice summary :-)
>
> On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 12:22 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > libraries into fewer. There is an option for that already,
> > --enable-mergelibs, that merges quite a large number of them into one,
> > libmergedlo.so. This works only for libraries in gbuildified modules,
> > built in tail_build.
> > Anyway, this indeed has helped a lot. But not enough. I am not sure if
> > the number of libraries merged this way can be easily increased much
> > at this stage of gbuildification.
>
> 	IIRC the gbuild-ification work is continuing apace, and my hope was
> that the two davids, matus & others' work on the large number of
> gbuild_* git branches would get merged - and unblock tail_build so that
> it can incorporate many more of the libraries that are already
> gnu-makeized which in turn would help us getting much more into
> libmerged ...
>
> 	That at least is my hope: David ? what's the plan there :-) hopefully
> that good stuff is all going in somewhat before the 3.6 feature-freeze ?

Right. What I have finished converting is connectivity & reportbuilder
(on feature/gbuild_conversions, based on Peter's work), shell
(feature/gbuild_shell) and scp2 (feature/gbuild_scp2; finished, but not
announced yet, because I am working on a script for comparing the
install scripts produced by the old and new build). I plan to merge all
three of them before the feature freeze. I do not think I will manage to
convert anything else in the remaining three weeks.

David Ostrovsky is currently working on testtools, but I am not sure it
will be ready in time for 3.6.

All these modules are candidates for adding into tail_build (adding of
connectivity immediately allows adding of other modules: svl, sot,
unixODBC). And I think there will be a couple of other candidates after
these three branches are all merged into master.

I must admit I do not know much about that "merged libs" stuff, because
running libreoffice on android and similar devices is outside of my
interest, so I cannot tell if these additions to tail_build are going to
help Tor or not...

D.