How to get values for rtlbootstrap.mk in configure?

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Fri May 18 03:24:46 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:40:19PM +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> There is a comment that the variables (RTL_OS RTL_ARCH) should be set
> by configure
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sdext/platform.mk#n28

Yeah, that comment was written by me. Because the obvious next step
would be to set platform ID for extensions in configure too (platform ID
is $(RTL_OS)_$(RTL_ARCH) converted to lower case. There is no handy
function for lower case conversion of a string in GNU make).

> How could I do that ?
> Well, it's easy to get the values for my platform but how to do it for all ?

The values are determined by sal/source/rtl/macro.hxx . So what is
needed is to map the possible configurations from here on the platform
specific settings in configure.in at line 2975.

> Somebody wants to do it as an easy hack ;-) ?

I wanted to create one at that time, but then I was too lazy to check
what it would involve :-)

D.