feature/gbuild_scp2 is ready for review

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Sat May 19 23:52:49 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have finished conversion of module scp2 to gbuild. For the
uninitiated: scp2 contains configuration for the installer (or the
biggest part of it, at least, because one configuration format is just
not enough...), i.e., it defines what dirs, files and whatnot are part
of the installation sets. I tested it with several configurations on
Linux and MinGw, but I would appreciate if people tried it with their
configurations.

http://dtardon.fedorapeople.org/libreoffice/test-conversion.sh is a
script that can be used for verification that the install scripts
created by the old and new way are equivalent (if they are, it is quite
probable they will create the same installation :-). The easiest way to
use it is

./autogen.sh <possibly-some-arguments>
./test-conversion.sh -b

This will do everything: check out a commit just before the conversion,
build everything up to scp2, check out head of the branch, build scp2
and compare the results.

Note that it is probable that setup_osl.ins (or .inf on Windows) scripts
will differ slightly. In that case you should use the suggested diff
line to check that the difference is only in reordering of items in a list.

D.