3.5.3rc1 win32 / debug package ...

bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Fri May 18 13:22:25 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 12:13 +0200, Jesús Corrius wrote:
> In any case, the right way to do it would be to automatically generate
> all PDBs for each released version, for example in: solver\wntmsci.pro\pdb.
> Then we put those generated PDBs online at symbols.libreoffice.org.
>> I think first we should have the symbol server for Jesus' debug build.
>> Or he should publish the PDB files along with the installer.

Hello.
I am Windows user interested in helping confirming UNCONFIRMED and
other crash bug reports on b.f.o.
Please set up the symbol server and even source server just as Mozilla did.
This will help people without strong programming knowledge to just run
the WinDbg,
download the symbols/source, catch a crasher and fill complete bug reports
for Windows platform with source excerpt included.
And all that without setting up build environment to generate symbols
and source access for WinDbg on their own.

Links to Mozilla pages, where all this is well documented:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/How_to_get_a_stacktrace_with_WinDbg
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_the_Mozilla_symbol_server
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_the_Mozilla_source_server
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Debugging_a_minidump

Currently there is only
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug article
and screencast by Jesús Corrius on YouTube - sadly without step by
step wiki article about it.

Please consider. Always you can ask the friendly guys at Mozilla how
to set this all up...

Best regards.