GSoC Week 1

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon May 21 02:36:39 PDT 2012

> Just checking in. I plan to work 10am - 6pm UTC most days with an hour for
> lunch at 1 or 2, just so you know.

Great! Please keep all dicsussion on the libreoffice list (unless
specifically private). Cc:ing this reply there.

> In addition to that I'll be working on
> building LO for Android on Mac os x.

That should work as well as from Linux, yes. I used to compile for
Android on Mac OS X, too, but then I ran into disk space issues with
somany build trees on my Mac, and switched to using a Linux laptop
instead.

> I'm downloading xcode 3.2.6 to get the 10.4u SDK.

That should not be necessary now. Building with the clang from newest
Xcode, and against the 10.6 SDK, should work also; at least well
enough for the bits that are needed in a cross-compilation.  (Or gcc,
but I have tested clang lately)

You just need to pass in some options to autogen.sh; this should word:

CC_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
CXX_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang++ -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
--with-build-platform-configure-options=--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
--with-macosx-sdk=10.6

(put that in your autogen.lastrun, i.e. treat autogen.lastrun as an
input file. or if you pass as command-line parameters, add quotes
around the "--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
--with-macosx-sdk=10.6".)

--tml