GSoC Week 1

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon May 21 04:45:17 PDT 2012

Ah, yes. With a current Xcode 4.3, the automake and autoconf tools are
no longer included, sigh, not even when you add the "command-line
tools" (or whatever they are called, don't recall exactly). (aclocal
is part of the automake package.)

You need to download tarballs for some recent version of automake and
autoconf, configure and install them somewhere, like /usr/local. A bit
of bother, yes. I wonder if we should start including a pre-autogened
configure script somewhere in the git tree.

--tml