building master against mac 10.7.4 using the 10.6 SDK

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue May 22 04:04:09 PDT 2012

HI Jonathan, *,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build master on my mac using clang.

The topic doesn't make any sense, you cannot build explicitly for a
newer version of Mac OSX using an older version of the SDK.

you can try to build on 10.7 against the 10.6SDK - and that build will
also run on 10.7.

> CC_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
> CXX_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang++ -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
> --with-build-platform-configure-options=
> --with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
> --with-macosx-sdk=10.6
> --disable-mozilla
> --without-doxygen
>
> only modification i made was to build for 64bit.

"only modification".... You're a funny one...
* Neither is building against something else than the 10.4SDK
something that has been tested
* and even less so is creating a 64bit build on Mac.

So you're entering unknown territory. And you have been told many,
many times in the past that with such an attempt you're expected to
deal with those problems yourself.

Especially questions like this:

> What exactly is soltools?

are a joke basically. It is a module/directory with source-files. What
answer do you expect? It contains little tools that are used in the
buildprocess.

Did you ever complete a build against the 10.4SDK? If not: start with that.

ciao
Christian