building master against mac 10.7.4 using the 10.6 SDK

d.ostrovsky at idaia.de d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Tue May 22 05:07:13 PDT 2012

Hej Christian,

Zitat von Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com>:

> HI Jonathan, *,
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
> <eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to build master on my mac using clang.
>
> The topic doesn't make any sense, you cannot build explicitly for a
> newer version of Mac OSX using an older version of the SDK.
>
> you can try to build on 10.7 against the 10.6SDK - and that build will
> also run on 10.7.
>
>> CC_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
>> CXX_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang++ -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
>> --with-build-platform-configure-options=
>> --with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
>> --with-macosx-sdk=10.6
>> --disable-mozilla
>> --without-doxygen
>>
>> only modification i made was to build for 64bit.
>
> "only modification".... You're a funny one...

have you forgot to place a smily here ;-)

> * Neither is building against something else than the 10.4SDK
> something that has been tested
> * and even less so is creating a 64bit build on Mac.

I was not aware of this too. I saw it first during my last
rtlootstrap.mk patch

cat configure.in
[...]
darwin*)
[...]
     i*86|x86_64)
         CPU=I
         CPUNAME=INTEL
         RTL_ARCH=x86
[...]

I could look at 64-bit MacOSX build, if i had mac resources ...
Or may be you (or your thinderbox) can compile for me and I would try
to do it without mac ;-)?

Ciao
David