GSoC Week 1

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue May 22 05:45:07 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tor, *,
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
>> (one doesn't need to hunt for the
>> obsolete, ever more difficult to find
>
> That's not true - in fact it is now easier to find than ever. (since
> connect.apple.com got its redesign, has been quite a while)
>
>> and difficult to install, Xcode
>
> That is nothing I can comment on...
>
>> 3), we are a big step in that direction. Our principle has always been
>> that for the Mac one shouldn't need any 3rd-party software. But now
>> when Apple in their wisdom (or by accident) stopped including automake
>> and autoconf in Xcode, that isn't true any more.
>
> What about just adding autoconf and automake into the
> build-dependencies, with autogen.sh calling "make autotools" if those
> are not found?
>
> Probably better than having to keep a generated configure somewhere external....

Or have in contrib/dev-tools a script that download the need package
build and install them in /opt/lo/
iow a 'setup-build.env' script that deal with missing piece and set
them up in a 'lo-standard' place...
and describe that in the 'required dependencies'

/me gettting Lion to get a better picture of the problem...

Norbert