Calc/ODFF spreadsheet functions

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Wed May 23 16:43:32 PDT 2012

Hi Winfried,

On Wednesday, 2012-05-23 13:14:56 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> > It is (an other functions) in
> > http://hg.services.openoffice.org/cws/calcishmakkica/. But that CWS has not
> > been integrated to Apache OpenOffice yet.
> >
> > If you will use it for LibreOffice, you should ask Apache to get it under APL2.0
> > otherwise it is not possible to use it with MPL/LGPLv3+ dual license, which is
> > intended for LibreOffice.
>
> You will have to help me (again) on that, either by explaining how to ask whom for what, or by doing it for me.
> It certainly makes it simple to implement these functions.
> I could expand fdo41214 to COUNTIF, SUMIFS, AVERGAEIF and AVERAGEIFS and submit there.

All these functions are implemented in CWS calcishmakkica that is not
integrated yet. The code was ready and IIRC even QA'ed but didn't make
it before feature freeze into OOO340 that was the base for AOO340. We
should not duplicate that work (and it was quite some work) but instead
have the affected files among the first in the relicensing process.
I added a comment to fdo#41214 and the other functions to it's summary.

> > Besides missing functions of ODF1.2, there is a lot to do in improving the
> > Excel import/export filters. Excel 2010 has a lot of new functions.
>
> I don't have (access to) Excel 2010, so I can't use that as
> reference/source of inspiration, but I guess ODFF1.2 Medium (and
> Large) group will keep me busy for a while :)

Probably :-)

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD