Associate an icon image with command

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:55:39 PDT 2012

Hi MIchael,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
> Hi Kohei,
>
> On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 20:54 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>> Could someone refresh me on how to associate an icon image with an
>> internal command (e.g. ".uno:DoFoo")?
>
>        A generic image widget ? or a toolbar item ? if the latter, then
> perhaps the missing link is in the officecfg/ XML that has the
> translation for the string/label associated with that thing IIRC.

It's the latter, and I had already done that.  But....

>> I did it once, many years ago, but I can't remember the process. There
>> was something very non-obvious about this, like you have to set some
>> flag to 1 to enable that image or something like that.  Also that the
>> command name is loosely associated with the name of the image file
>> etc.
>
>        Right - so if you have .uno:AbCDeFg - then you need a pair of images
> in: icon-theme/galaxy/cmd/ lc_abcdefg.png and sc_abcdefg.png - prolly

So, what I was missing was that I had to insert images in the galaxy
theme in order to show up in any themes at all!  I only did that in
tango only since that's the theme I use.  Doing it in the galaxy theme
solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.  But really, this process is riddled with non-obvious steps....

Kohei