3.5.3rc1 win32 / debug package ...

bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Thu May 24 10:56:40 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Petr Mladek - pmladek at suse.cz wrote:
> bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com píše v Pá 18. 05. 2012 v 22:22 +0200:
> > On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 12:13 +0200, Jesús Corrius wrote:
> > > In any case, the right way to do it would be to automatically generate
> > > all PDBs for each released version, for example in:
> > > solver\wntmsci.pro\pdb.
> > > Then we put those generated PDBs online at symbols.libreoffice.org.
> > I am Windows user interested in helping confirming UNCONFIRMED and
> > other crash bug reports on b.f.o.
> > Please set up the symbol server and even source server just as Mozilla
> > did.
> > This will help people without strong programming knowledge to just run
> > the WinDbg,
> > download the symbols/source, catch a crasher and fill complete bug
> > reports
> > for Windows platform with source excerpt included.
> I remember that it has been discussed on the ESC meeting two weeks ago
> or so. I do not remember the conclusion. I know that we want it. I am
> not sure if we have a volunteer who could do the work.

I just read in ESC minutes that daily builds with --enable-symbols are
again available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/W2008R2@20-With-Symbol-Bytemark-Hosting/master
Unfortunately .pdb files are not available there. Maybe tinderbox administrator
could script creating an archives of pdb/source files and upload them
just as msi installers?
This would be great start...

> The wikipage would be really helpful. Have you managed to get it working
> by the screencast? Would you mind to describe the steps on the wiki? Do
> not be afraid. It need not be perfect. Anyone could improve the text in
> the future.

I managed to get WinDbg to work with my own LOdev build with symbols
and source on Windows 7 using VS 2008 Express.
!analyze -v output is not exactly as on sceencast. It lacks
FAULTING_SOURCE_LINE and FAULTING_SOURCE_CODE sections,
but when I hit Call stack I see links to the source and by clicking it
by hand I see used code sections as on screencast.

Yes, I will try to draft an wiki article in few days as a starter to
be improved by LO experts,
but I am not sure if my WinDbg output is any good.

In between I have to practice and browse this list more, as I still
have problems building LO 3.5.2.2 by myself (had to disable java,
rebasing, postgres connector). Tried with 3.5.4.2 but it is even worse
(some cairo canvas errors).

Maybe tinderbox operators could share their settings with the community?
I don't think that they know all the environment configuration by
heart. If they do, then wiki articles
can be written in minutes :).

Best regards.