3.5.3rc1 win32 / debug package ...

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri May 25 03:03:01 PDT 2012

Hi bfo,

it is great that you continue working on it.

Please, do not remove people from CC. There is a lot of traffic on the
mailing list. The interested people might miss your replay :-)

bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com píše v Čt 24. 05. 2012 v 19:56 +0200:
> I just read in ESC minutes that daily builds with --enable-symbols are
> again available at
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/W2008R2@20-With-Symbol-Bytemark-Hosting/master
> Unfortunately .pdb files are not available there. Maybe tinderbox administrator
> could script creating an archives of pdb/source files and upload them
> just as msi installers?
> This would be great start...

Norbert, would be possible to hack the tindebox script to upload also
the .pdb file?

> I managed to get WinDbg to work with my own LOdev build with symbols
> and source on Windows 7 using VS 2008 Express.
> !analyze -v output is not exactly as on sceencast. It lacks
> FAULTING_SOURCE_LINE and FAULTING_SOURCE_CODE sections,
> but when I hit Call stack I see links to the source and by clicking it
> by hand I see used code sections as on screencast.

Sounds promising.

> Yes, I will try to draft an wiki article in few days as a starter to
> be improved by LO experts,

Great. It will help a lot if you start it.

> but I am not sure if my WinDbg output is any good.

It is probably less informative without the .pdb files. Anyway, I guess
that your are on the right way.

> In between I have to practice and browse this list more, as I still
> have problems building LO 3.5.2.2 by myself (had to disable java,
> rebasing, postgres connector). Tried with 3.5.4.2 but it is even worse
> (some cairo canvas errors).

If you are lost, just ask on this mailing list. Please, mention there
more details about your system, configure options, and the error message
with some context. Please, do it in separate mail, so we do not solve
too many problems in this thread :-)

> Maybe tinderbox operators could share their settings with the community?
> I don't think that they know all the environment configuration by
> heart. If they do, then wiki articles
> can be written in minutes :).

You might fine some information in the build_info.txt file that is
available next to the related daily build. For example, I see at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/W2008R2@20-With-Symbol-Bytemark-Hosting/master/2012-05-24_23.12.53/master~2012-05-24_23.12.53_build_info.txt