GSoC Week 1

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon May 28 23:47:04 PDT 2012

> I suppose it does not make much sense to build them in _any_
> cross-compilation...

Well, that depends. When debugging Android and iOS programs with gdb,
the *gdb* program runs on the build platform, and just the gdbserver
part (or something equivalent) runs on the host platform, no? If it is
the gdb program itself that uses Python extensions, in theory our
stuff could be used. But is it? I don't know.

And in any case, for iOS, I think that Apple's gdb might not support
Python extensions? And in any case Apple is moving in the direction of
lldb (the debugger from the LLVM project).

Still, yeah, until somebody actually investigates the complexities
involved, would be best to just skip the gdb extension stuff for all
cross-compilations.

--tml