Problem with configuring build

Artur Dorda artur.dorda at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:46:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to configure build with
./autogen.sh --with-max-jobs=2 --with-num-cpus=2 --without-help
--without-myspell-dicts --disable-gnome-vfs

at the beginning it says "can't create backup file. "
yet it runs... and after a while :

"checking for GCONF... no
configure: error: Package requirements (gconf-2.0 ORBit-2.0 ) were not met:

No package 'ORBit-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GCONF_CFLAGS
and GCONF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 190."

The problem is, that I already have orbit2 and have no idea what to do
with this, because "set the environment variables" doesn't seem to be
an useful advice, because to set it I would have to know the value...
I'm trying to figure out a way, but while there's no useful answer
it's starting to be a waste of time. Maybe you know what's wrong, I'll
appreciate any answer.

Best regards,
Artur