File type icons in icon-themes/[theme]/sfx2/res/

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu May 31 08:52:37 PDT 2012

Hi Stefan,

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 12:42 +0200, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
> in the path icon-themes/[theme]/sfx2/res/, there are a lot of
> interesting file type icons, like old StarOffice document icons,
> actual Word and Excel 97/2000 document icons etc. Since the icons we
> need for the file picker all appear to be stored in
> icon-themes/[theme]/res (without sfx2 in between that is), I'd love to
> clear the aforementioned icons out.

	:-)

> It all compiles fine (at least for me without binfilter), but I'd
> still like to ask if there's a way of making sure that I am not
> deleting useful icons. Is there?

	In -theory- only files that we actually use, and/or are referred to in
should end up in images.zip. So - if it is not in there, it is certainly
not worth having in the source tree IMHO.

> The patch is somewhat large, so I'll just attach the names of the
> files I git rm'd:

	Great. I just checked all these files vs. images.zip and I think
they're good to go. I discovered another rat's nest of evil / ugliness
the other day in:

	extra/source/symbols

	Which are also unbelievably ugly - any ideas if they are used ?

	Thanks !

		Michael.