File type icons in icon-themes/[theme]/sfx2/res/

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 10:25:15 PDT 2012

Hi all,

thanks for the helpful comments. So, checking with zip files seems a
good way to go about this...

@Eike: It seems the builtin file picker only shows 16x16 icons (unless
there is some incredibly well hidden option to switch to something
other than list view), so it at least can't be the consumer of those
32x32 icons etc.

>>        extra/source/symbols
>>
>>        Which are also unbelievably ugly - any ideas if they are used ?
>>
> They are built and installed. At
> officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcs#1859
> comment says that the path contains the bitmap files which can be used
> for menu and toolbar icons. I found no queries to this path from the
> code and I have never seen these bitmaps in the UI.

I believe you can't do this (any more). While there is the possibility
to choose your own toolbar icons [1], none of the icons Michael found
are offered there.
They also don't seem to be part of packimages, since these have their
own makefiles– thus, they wouldn't be specifically picked at all (like
the icons in icon-themes), it would just package them all, no?

Astron.

[1] Tools → Customise... → Toolbars, Click Modify, then Change Icon...