Disabling file opening and saving in print preview mode

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Thu May 31 10:26:55 PDT 2012

Kohei Yoshida schrieb:

> What do you think about disabling these operations while in print
> preview mode?

Hi,
My POV: I would LIKE a "save (or better: close) and reopen in PP mode"
for some  WRITER  documents. Those are data sheets and small catalogs,
what mostly are opened to print some pages of the document as attachment
for a delivery of goods or similar. So my suggestion would have been
"let WRITER documents open documents in PP mode if they have been saved
from PP mode", in some cases that saves some mouse clicks.

But that is a very low-value desire.

Currently Writer always will open in normal view mode (or Web view),
even if the document has been saved from PP mode.

So we should eliminate that inconsistence by always opening documents in
Normal View (or Page break preview mode, if selected), even if document
has been saved from PP view. But I do not recommend to disable "save" as
long as PP is active. That would be inconsistent compared to writer and
might be worrying. Simply ignore "was in PP mode when has been saved".

Best regards

Rainer