fdo#51004: some progress and 10 years old bug pending

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Nov 9 01:58:27 PST 2012

Hi David,

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 08:48 +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> As discussed with Fridrich on LO Congress, i took a look at seamonkey
> way to handle it. They simple open MAPI.DLL
> and use WAB restriction API to access it. Moreover the algorithms and
> the  data strucures in mozab (and therefore in mork driver) seems to
> match 1 to 1 to these api.

	Sounds very promising.

> So one straightforward way to integrate both O and OE would be to borrow
> these 5 files from seamonkey tree and adapt it for our need.

	That would be great; of course licensing-wise there is no issue
re-using and re-targetting that code. It'd be nice (if there is a new /
updated version of that code) to use a modern / MPLv2 version of it
rather than whatever old stuff we happen to have in the tree.

> Another promissing option would be to pick up this wrapper library:
> http://svn.jetbrains.org/omeaopen/trunk/Omea/Src/Plugin/Primary/EmapiLib/
> not sure about License: It is GPL.

	That'd be much less promising IMHO :-)

> * mork driver ist still not activated on windows: to access
> Thunderbird/Icedove AB mozab driver is still in use

	Oh ? there was a great-white-hope to drop the mozilla madness entirely
for 4.0 - but of course, three weeks before the feature-freeze that's
perhaps a 4.1 issue :-)

	Did we get the cert. management pieces we need out of Mozilla too ?

	Great work there though !

	Thanks !

		Michael.