fdo#51004: some progress and 10 years old bug pending

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 02:27:25 PST 2012

On 11/09/2012 11:19 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 10:58 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
>>     Did we get the cert. management pieces we need out of Mozilla too ?
>
> My understanding is that this is covered by linking against module nss
> rather than module moz, and by connectivity/Library_mozbootstrap.mk
> accessing Mozilla certificate data via a plain file-based interface.

(One potential gotcha is that Windows uses
connectivity/Library_mozabdrv.mk instead of
connectivity/Library_mozbootstrap.mk for the latter, which share code
but use different #ifdef branches in the code, and mozabdr /is/ linked
against moz.  So what would need verification is whether mozbootstrap
works as a replacement for mozabdr for accessing Mozilla certificate
data on Windows, in case we want to access any Mozilla certificate data
at all on Windows -- but I assume we instead use some Windows API for
certificate management there, anyway?)

Stephan