gbuild, deps and ccache

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Fri Nov 9 06:53:17 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 08:07:42AM -0600, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1/ presumably, now-a-day with everything under gbuild, the dep
> tracking should be fairly reliable, hence rending ccache less
> relevant. It might be that we should not auto-enable ccache when
> dep-tracking is enabled.

I agree that the situation is improved, but given that most tinderboxes
only check from scratch building, for example I still do a from scratch
build after almost every pull (with dep tracking enabled of course), and
ccache does help a lot. Let's not turn it off again, I'm happy we don't
have to pullute autogen.lastrun with ccache tweaks today. :-)