VS 2010 Express merge module issue

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 01:47:11 PST 2012

Hi Mat,

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> VS2010 Express works great to build LO, but not for packaging. Although all
> MSVC*100.dll are there, the express version does not ship the merge module.
> This makes the packaging abort, because it expects the msm file to insert
> msvc files into the msi.
> Should we manage to store an msm version somewhere (like
> http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/extern) or provide a workaround to define ?

msm files are not redistributable, only as a part of our installation
sets (i.e. already merged). 6cfe3c93dc55264e57f1057a2911d54232353d13
wanted to make VC100 merge modules truly optional, so the intention
was that everything should work without this merge module. If it fails
for you, please try to find out why, try to fix it and send a patch.
See also http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/history/core/oowintool. The
question is why you have WITH_VC100_REDIST defined. Many thanks in
advance.

Andras