minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Nov 14 01:32:07 PST 2012

Hi there,

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 09:07 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> BTW, did anybody look into that berkeleydb removal code, regarding its
> ability to migrate from existing user profiles (as berkeleydb files are
> used in the user profile to keep track of installed extensions)?

	Not yet - re-basing desktop/ is coming up. IIRC there was a completely
pitiful amount of data in each berkeleydb file; so potentially we'd want
people to re-register their extensions [ hence nice to have a major
version bump to explain that ]. Or, possibly that data is mirrored in
some other file; I've not looked into it yet. Finally - possibly, in
extremis, we could run the moral equivalent of 'strings' on the file and
suck the data out without the backend ;->

	HTH,

		Michael.