build failure, undefined symbols XML_...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Nov 15 02:09:41 PST 2012

Hi Terry,

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 11:25 -0800, Terrence Enger wrote:
> Sigh.  My Linux machine is without internet access.  I have not succeeded in
> building git on the Windows machine at my local library.  Just trying to
> "make do".

	Ah - that is annoying; if you could get git working on windows (under
cygwin it should be easy to install I'd hope), then it should make your
incremental updates significantly quicker [ if you can get the git
protocol port open I suppose ].

> (BTW, I do not know whether this response will make it to the list.  Nabble
> has drastically truncated my messages in the past, and not it warns me that
> I am not subscribed to the list, even though I think I am.  Double sigh.)

	You shouldn't need to be subscribed to post to this list: which should
be a feature ! :-)

	So sorry for the pain building; due to the 4.0 feature-freeze being
only ~2 weeks away, people are currently pushing quite a lot of features
they had stored up - and trying to finish other pieces and ...
unfortunately the effect is a tad de-stabilising for the build :-) That
is expected to improve markedly post branch.

	Thanks for persevering :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.