LO as an NPAPI browser plugin host?

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Fri Nov 16 07:26:54 PST 2012

Hi Stephan,

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 16:08 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Given that "standard" multimedia content is already covered via "Insert
> - Movie and Sound..." (whose implementation is completely unrelated),
> the only relevant remaining use-case might be Flash content.  But given
> that I at least was unable to get even that working (see below), I
> wonder whether this feature is actually used/missed by anybody, or
> whether we should just drop it completely from our codebase?  (I vaguely
> remember that in the distant past it even worked to display Java applets
> via this plugin interface, by plugging a JRE's browser plugin.  Given my
> findings below, I don't now it would even be worth to try to test that
> today.)

I used to have it working in the go-oo at least and Florian had a patch
to embed some flash application as a docking pane for some team pane.
the patch is not even in an integrable state and there were some
problems with focus to input text in the flash app.

As far as I'm concerned, it's OK to drop it as that patch will never
make its way in.

--
Cedric