LO as an NPAPI browser plugin host?

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri Nov 16 09:41:23 PST 2012

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
[..]

>> Do not remove it, until there is another option for flash.
>
> And (just to be sure), you do make use of that feature, right?

No. But I'm no example for a presentation user at all, because in my
daily job there is no infrastructure to use it. I can only test whether
it works. You need to ask presentation users. But that is a problem in
general, how to get information whether there exists a group of users
who actually use a feature. With regard to flash, you should keep in
mind, that PowerPoint is able to play swf-files and therefore I think,
LO should not drop it. So a transition way might be to first enable
movie&sound to show swf-files and then remove the way via plugin.

Kind regards
Regina