external build directory

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat Nov 17 07:06:59 PST 2012

Hi Enrico,

On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 14:38 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> is it possible to let lo put all build outputs and temporary files
> to some different directory (eg. on tmpfs, etc) ?

	Currently the vast majority of build output (and all of it when we're
converted fully to gnumake) ends up in 'workdir' and/or 'solver/' from
the top-level. If you put those on a tmpfs - you're pretty much done -
as far as can easily be done just now. As/when gnumake is complete -
hopefully we can start to drop the solver/ and perhaps scp2/ as well :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.