what's the problem with system cairo ?

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 14:04:57 PST 2012

Hi there,

I've been gbuildizing cairo but then realized it's used only for linux
[1], as also cairo/README says.
Though there are many platform conditionals in various cairo related
makefiles. Maybe it was used more in the past ?

So can't we just use system cairo and/or pixman?
Anyone could shed some light on this ?

Thanks,
Matus

[1] used in:
- vcl/Library_vclplug_svp : ifeq ($(GUIBASE),unx)
- vcl/Library_vclplug_gtk : ENABLE_GTK
- canvas/Library_cairocanvas : ENABLE_CAIRO_CANVAS
e.g. for Library_cairocanvas there are also WNT... conditionals in the
makefile but configure says:
if test $_os = Darwin -o $_os = WINNT; then
    if test "$enable_cairo_canvas" = yes; then
        AC_MSG_ERROR([The cairo canvas should not be used for this platform])