RFC: Generic wrapper for external helpr applications

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 19 08:20:18 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-19 at 16:41 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I'm currently thinking about a generic ways for configuring external
> helpers, eg. mail client, web browser, etc. (at least on *nix ;-p)
>
> For now, many applications (eg. libreoffice) have their own settings,
> which adds additional code/complexity and requires the user to set it
> in each single application.

	So there is that xdg-open wrapper which we try to use for sending
E-mail / opening composers or opening URLs - at least when we can find
it etc.

	http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/

	I'd suggest extending that helper at freedesktop and when it is
deployed & discoverable adding support to LibreOffice.

	ATB,

		Michael.