minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 10:23:02 PST 2012

On 15/11/12 12:16, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

>> On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 01:47 -0800, Olivier R. wrote:
>>> Michael Meeks-2 wrote
>>>
>>> 3.0 ? I assume there is a typo here.
>>
>> 	Yes - certainly a typo :-) We'll go for the best 3.x based python we
>
> By the way: will pyton-3.2/3.3 be an requirement or will 2.x still work ?

i don't think we want to support shipping a bundled Python 2.

but for system python, we probably should support Python 2 for a couple
more releases; it's already possible to override the default by setting
PYTHON/PYTHON_CFLAGS/PYTHON_LIBS vars.

the pyuno bridge can be built to run with both Python 2 and 3, but that
is a compile time setting.

the important question is of course if we can get all the Python code we
ship converted so it runs on both Python 2 and 3.