Build environment for official win32 builds

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Nov 20 12:24:14 PST 2012

> yes ... but i don't remember the 4NT/native tools based build system OOo
> had back in 2008 or so to be "fast" by any stretch of the imagination...

Well, I have never used those, so I don't know. Surely those tools,
too, tried to if not emulate, at least "simulate", POSIX in some ways?

Anyway, my point with this:

>> And when using a build mechanism that has been developed on Unix
>> systems in general and lately Linux in particular.

was that the build mechanism (including how a "make" program works in
general) is designed with UNIX concepts/ideas/principles in mind. "But
those concepts are intuitive, obviously the correct way to design an
OS and its applications, etc etc". Yeah, sure, *we* who have been
using UNIX for a long time think so.

--tml