Extension Manager: Link to further Extensions

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:20:26 PST 2012

HI Andreas, *,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Andreas Mantke <maand at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 21.11.2012 19:58, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
>>> Should we move this link to
>>> http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center where our users could
>>> search for further extensions? What do you think?
>> I think all links referenced from LO (the software) should use
>>
>> http://hub.libreoffice.org based links
>>
>> so have it point to hub.libreoffice.org/extensions [with optional
>> parameters like ?ver=3.6.4&os=win&lang=fr_FR]
>>
>> That than can redirect appropriately.
>>
> I think that needs some extra development from my side.

I fail to see how that would require any development on your side.
hub.libreoffice.org/extensions would just redirect to
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions-center or whatever URL we
want.

hub won't host any content itself (it could display stuff like "your
version is old, you should consider updating" or similar before
redirecting, and could also redirect to different sites depending on
the version and langauge/os that is passed along with the service-URL,
but currently it just redirects..

Example: http://hub.libreoffice.org/file-a-bug

It is just an abstraction. You cannot change URLs in LO that is
installed on the users' computer, but you can easily change a
redirection.

ciao
Christian