Shared Mac build host

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Nov 22 06:51:04 PST 2012

Le 2012-11-22 05:06, Michael Meeks a écrit :

> On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 08:53 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> It would be best if TDF owned outright at least enough hardware to be
>> able to to a release on all supported platform..
>
> 	Agreed.
>
>> In fact I thing we should have a pair of each. one that cna be 'lent'
>> to dev to allow them to debug/test things for bug that they cannot
>> reproduce on their own hardware
>
> 	That would be really useful; being able to ssh to and poke about inside
> a reasonably live / well-configured machine to fix odd tinderbox
> breakage and so on.
>
> 	Even better would be having the man-power to administer&  keep that
> stuff working - extended even to tinderbox hardware so we can free up
> developers that do that currently :-)
>
> 	Good ideas :-)
>
> 		Michael.

It would be good if you could make a clear wishlist item along with an
approximate cost. As long as it is approximate, it will make it easier
to estimate budgetary need for the items.

BTW ... if any of this should be an amortized budgetary item(s) then you
should also write it in. For example, if there is a hardware item that
should be replaced every 2-3-4-x years, write this in so that the BoD
know that this item will need replacing (amortized) over a period of X
years. It will make it easier to forecast the needs of the dev team.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré