[ANNOUNCE] Python 3.3 is now bundled with LibreOffice 4.0

Stephan van den Akker stephanv778 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:53:37 PST 2012

Still getting errors on my 64-bit openSUSE system.

did:

rm solver/unxlngx6.pro/inc/external/expat/expat.h
make python3.clean
make python3

(...)

creating Makefile
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
gcc: unrecognized option '-R/usr/lib64'
/home/stephan/Software/libreoffice-master/core/workdir/
unxlngx6.pro/UnpackedTarball/python3/Modules/_curses_panel.c:17:19: fatal
error: panel.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

(...)

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were
not found:
_lzma              _tkinter
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
module's name.

Failed to build these modules:
_curses_panel

[build PRJ] python3
[build PKG] python3
[build EPK] python3
[build MOD] python3
[build ALL] top level modules: python3
[build ALL] loaded modules: python3

make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/stephan/Software/libreoffice-master/core/python3'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stephan/Software/libreoffice-master/core'