[PUSHED] Remove useless method SetBackgroundBitmap

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Nov 28 04:53:27 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 09:53 +0000, Marcos Souza (via Code Review) wrote:
> Remove useless method SetBackgroundBitmap
>
> Thomas Arnhold asked me to take a look at the method SetBackgroundBitmap.
> In my XFCE, removing this method didn't chnage anything. So this needs more
> tests in Windows and other WM's.

	Nice work ! :-) thanks for that.

	I added that code way back in the day since the splash-screen would
take ~20 seconds to show up, and if it was occluded would not re-render:
the basic idea was to shove the pixmap into the server so it was
re-drawn there: not terribly elegant but functional.

	Of course, now we have a separate unix splash process, so it's entirely
obsolete & nice to cleanup; and the splash should work just fine anyhow
- but do test ./soffice.bin -writer - to ensure that we do actually
render it as well in that fallback splash.

	Nice work,

		Michael.