[API] Some more cleanup ideas

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Nov 28 16:54:39 PST 2012

Hi there,

ploughing through offapi & cppumaker (the tool that generates the
c++ headers), and so far did this:

 * unpublished accessibility API
 * renamed XAccessibleEventListener methods
 * cleansed cppumaker of dead code, RTL_CONSTASCII verbosity, and
   writing out exception specs

There remain the following open questions:

 * should we keep ~MyClass() {} throw() - or rather have just one
   single proper virtual ~XInterface() {} throw in the base class
   (note the missing virtual all over the place) - or bin all
   exception specs unconditionally?
 * should we kill [oneway] in IDL while at it? IIRC it went away in
   the bridges anyway, via i#116038 or didn't it?
 * a bit more extreme - kill ::com::sun::star inside office code, by
   having a ~global "using namespace ::com::sun::star;" or
   "namespace api = ::com::sun::star;" in e.g. sal/config.h, and
   writing only _that_ out in the generated c++ headers?
   (of course keep the old namespace for SDK. And yes, it's no new
   idea, just a bit less extreme as what's proposed in the wiki)

Thoughts appreciated,

-- Thorsten